TimelessGaming > General Channel  [Archives]

Welcome To Timeless
Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
Users in the chatbox : user(s)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BC2 Authentication

BC2 Authentication

Some info about the choice you have to make when you 1st install Bad Company 2:

Authentication By DVD

You can authenticate by putting the DVD in the drive.

If you choose this method, you must have the DVD available every time you want to play. With this method, SecuROM will not go online at all. You can then play the single-player campaign 100% offline.

Authentication By Going Online

You can also choose to authenticate by going online once.

If so, this happens the first time that you start the actual game. You will be asked for permission. If you allow it, SecuROM will talk to a master server, which counts on how many computers your serial key is currently in use.

When the installation has been authenticated online once, SecuROM will no longer go online. You can then play the single-player campaign 100% offline, without needing the DVD.

You can have the game authenticated and play it on up to 10 machines at the same time.

One authentication is valid for 10,000 days. Thus, if you authenticated once on launch day - March 2nd, 2010 – that authentication will be valid until July 18th, 2037.

What About De-Authentication?

You can de-authenticate the game. De-authentication means to return one authentication to the “pool” of available activations (which started with 10 available).

You do it one of two ways:

1. In the Games Explorer in Vista: right-click on the game’s Icon and select “Deauthorize this machine”

2. Uninstall the game; uninstallation will automatically invoke the de-authentication process.

After de-authentication, you are told how many authentications are now in the “pool”.

SecuROM needs to go online to de-authenticate.

Online Authentication And Modifying Hardware

If you have authenticated the game, but then changed a lot of hardware in your machine, then SecuROM may deem that your current authentication will no longer do.

If that happens, do this:

1. Uninstall the game. That will return the old authentication to the “pool”.

2. Install the game again. The next time you start the game, you will get a new authentication.

You need to change a lot of hardware for this to happen. Just changing the processor or graphics card is not enough to make the authentication obsolete.

If you run out of activations – perhaps because your PC breaks unexpectedly, several times – then contact EA’s technical support to get an extra authentication added to your “pool”.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GUEST For This Useful Post:

Speedstar1776
    can i change it after the first intsallation, or have i reinstall the game?

i choose the DVD thingi, but i want the other one

First Sergeant Achievements:
    5 FriendsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)10000 Experience Points
    Chats
    U have to reeinstall the game!!
    Si vis pacem para bellum

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ooD43MONoo For This Useful Post:

Speedstar1776
    i am reinstalling it now, while the Master Server is down

I have had some technical difficulties with BC2 and have uninstalled and reinstalled quite a few times only to find problems again. With all that said the last time I installed I used the online authentication method...one of the problems was taken care of but I was un able to get any servers to load. So I uninstalled again and deauthendicated my machine. wanting to return to CD auth.
    My problem now is I cannot reinstall the game because of an error message that pops up:
    Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company2\Dist\win32\streaming_vo_es-oo.fbrb
    I have the option to retry but that is useless. I search the location and the file is there but not being recognized I guess. The game will not install past this point.
    Another point...I also decided to refomat my machine to get rid of alot of junk. Imediately after reloading Vista I tried reinstalling game only to recieve the same error. I am really confused as to what the problem is.

Inspector Columbo Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album pictures20 FriendsTimeless SupporterOverdriveRecommendation 1st ClassVeteran I (TG over 5 years)30 € supported15000 Experience Points
    Chats
    Did you install the updates after installing the main game?
    If not:
    The update does not automatically start at all windows versions.
    There is a file in the installation folder called BC2Updater.exe or something...
    Run it, updates get downloaded and installed...
    Y U No give me cookies ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Hail to the King of Cookies
    ruddy double XP events... it's like as if EA has it's period: Every month for a few days all you get is sh1t

I've gotten things taken care of now...Never mind for now. I am hopeing thigs are good. I was able to enter a server and play without old problems. So far so good with updates and reinstall using files from my laptop and the CD. Only bad thing was not having my saved games in sigle player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotor_Dog View Post
    I have had some technical difficulties with BC2 and have uninstalled and reinstalled quite a few times only to find problems again. With all that said the last time I installed I used the online authentication method...one of the problems was taken care of but I was un able to get any servers to load. So I uninstalled again and deauthendicated my machine. wanting to return to CD auth.
    My problem now is I cannot reinstall the game because of an error message that pops up:
    Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company2\Dist\win32\streaming_vo_es-oo.fbrb
    I have the option to retry but that is useless. I search the location and the file is there but not being recognized I guess. The game will not install past this point.
    Another point...I also decided to refomat my machine to get rid of alot of junk. Imediately after reloading Vista I tried reinstalling game only to recieve the same error. I am really confused as to what the problem is.
    i currently have that same exact error please tell me how u fixed it?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation 2nd ClassTimeless TOP Supporter100 € supported20 Friends10000 Experience PointsTagger 2nd ClassCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesOverdriveVeteran I (TG over 5 years)
    Chats
    Don´t know if I am getting your problem really, but you could download "RevoUninstaller" and search for Bad Company 2, and choose a Complete clean out and this program actually finishes the job. It cleans out registry´s, Hkey locations and you name it. This will most definitely get rid of BC2, so that you can complete a real reinstall.

Or you could try the solution, xXxButher wrote above here
    #1. Timeless 08 - Metro 24 Player.

ill try it out it cant even find a trace of bad company 2 anywhere on my computer...