TimelessGaming > General Channel  [Archives]

Welcome To Timeless
Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
Users in the chatbox : 1 user(s)
Chriss-FIN-

Thread: Angels Fall First

Chief Warrant Officer Achievements:
    Recommendation 2nd ClassCreated Album pictures10 FriendsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)10000 Experience Points

Chats

Angels Fall First

It has been in development and open for public play for a number of years now but it completely flew under my radar which is quite surprising since it's everything I wished a fps would be. Many reviewers compare it to a blend of games such as the old Battlefront, Planetside 2 and 2142.

From what I gathered so far it has 64 player servers, ground combat (infantry mixed with vehicles), space battles with dogfighting and boarding capital ships all at the same time, a commander mode.

For those who didn't know of its existence, I thought I'd let you know. Before you think of buying it just know that the game is in early access and has very few players, the developers aren't promoting the game for now and are still actively working on the game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/36...els_Fall_First

Quote from the creators :

Angels Fall First is a first person combined-arms sci-fi wargame.

AFF focuses on team-oriented tactical gameplay and objective-based scenarios with a high degree of replayability, featuring:

Wide selection of weapons and tools, ground vehicles and spacecraft to fight with.
    Diverse combat opportunities - assume point to clear a building, hunt with a frigate wolfpack as a lineship captain, issue orders from the bridge of your battleship.
    Fully operational and pilotable capital ships with playable interiors.
    Unique combination of spaceship and infantry combat - board spacestations, shipyards and vessels to capture or destroy them from the inside.
    Dogfighting using space interceptors and bombers, launched from capital ships and stations.
    Gameplay mechanics designed as a mix of modern elements (customization, loadouts, persistence) and inspirations from classic shooters (frantic, fast-paced firefights).
    Commander mode for issuing orders to your squadmates and teammates.
    Full AI support - all scenarios can be played both offline and online identically, supporting up to 64 players or bots filling in for the players if required.
    Rich science fiction universe setting.
    We waited patiently for the game which would inevitably unite the vast scale and spacefights with the close and personal firefights and thunderous vehicle battles...

But it never really appeared. Many games came close, but there was always some part missing. You couldn’t get out of your spaceship, you couldn’t get into your spaceship, you had big spaceships but you couldn’t run around in them, you could run around in your big spaceship but you couldn’t fly it and so on and so forth and gahd damMIT! Where was our spacefight groundfight game?

So, we set ourselves to work. AFF exists because it MUST exist. Only in AFF can you spawn in your crew quarters, run to the bay watching the space fight out of the windows, launch a dropship, fight through the defenders to the enemy flagship, breach the hull, run and gun your way to the bridge and SHOOT THE ENEMY CAPTAIN IN THE BACK OF THE NECK.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to niii For This Useful Post: