Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
Users in the chatbox : user(s)

Thread: What are the BEST films in the World

Private Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Chats

What are the BEST films in the World

Hi im looking for a list of really good, decent films to have a look at buying or renting/ see etc. and was wondering what films anyone could come up with. Age or genre of film doesnt matter, any good film will do.
    Cheers
    Hellraiser

Staff Sergeant Achievements:
    10 FriendsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)5000 Experience Points
    Chats
    Pitch Black / Dark Fury - The Chronicles of Riddick / The Chronicles of Riddick

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matrix Trilogy
    Batman Trilogy (with Christian Bale)

.... and of course Star Trek I - XI (XI is really good, never thought that i would say that^^)

CaptPlissken: xaphan doesnt even have to be next to me to knife me. his arms can extend across the map now (BF2142: 7492 Dogtags)

Jaegernaugt: This is the face I make when Xaph stabs me...

-GQ-Joel: yeah you can tell its xaph on themini map when you see a green triangle chasing a red in the woods

DigitalInsomniac Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTimeless SupporterVeteran I (TG over 5 years)50 € supported10 Friends10000 Experience Points
    The Most easterly point the UK (any further i'd get wet)
    Chats
    screen #1: Farenheit 451, 1984, equilibrium, In Time, Matrix trilogy, V for vendetta.
    screen #2: shawshank redemption,pearl harbour, the great escape, schindlers list, saving private Ryan, The deer hunter, Forrest Gump, Full metal jacket. The Eagle
    screen #3: 2001, Dune, Starwars(all of them), Startrek all of them, (especialy the voyage home), Blade Runner, Pitch black & Chronicles of Riddick
    Batman The Dark Knight (+trilogy)with(Christian bale), Terminator Salvation.
    screen #4: Lock stock & two smoking barrels, Fight club, Gran Torino.
    screen #5: lord of the rings trilogy, Harry Potter (why not someone has too), Pirates of the caribbean trilogy,
    screen #6: Nightmare before christmas, 9, the lorax, Men in black 3 ( ok maybe #1 aswell),
    screen #7: woman in black. The rite, Alien, The thing ( old one & I guess the newer one),
    screen #8: gone in 60 seconds, Fast & furious (all of them)

( well it's really up to what you would like)

ok that will do for me for now,

2nd Lieutenant Achievements:
    Recommendation 1st Class20 Friends20 € supportedTimeless SupporterOverdrive2 years registeredVeteran I (TG over 5 years)10000 Experience Points
    Chats
    Monsters Inc is the greatest film ever created (along with any other pixar film), I swear I'm an adult

75 € supportedTimeless Supporter10 FriendsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)10000 Experience Points
    Chats
    The shining from 1997 (not the one from 1980 with Jack Nicholson)
    They made a mini series that is better imo.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/

Last edited by bossebo; 09-12-2012 at 15:13.
    Bert: theres a special place in hell reserved for those who spoil my fun..

Timeless Elder Achievements:
    Recommendation 2nd ClassCreated Album pictures20 FriendsOverdriveVeteran I (TG over 5 years)Timeless TOP Supporter150 € supported15000 Experience Points
    Chats
    The Riddick films ( wasn't Dark Fury the animated one)
    all the Alien films
    Star Trek
    B S G ( the origanal)
    akira

"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
    Those who fail to learn history correctly -- why they are simply doomed."

You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

<LazyG> it got so bad if i killed raven and didn;t see xaph i;d get majorly parnoid and freak out
    <LazyG> i think i have trauma

Timeless Supporter10 FriendsRecommendation 2nd Class40 € supported5000 Experience PointsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)Tagger 2nd Class
    Chats
    My five top favourite films are: Memento, The Shawshank Redemption, Alien, Pitch Black and Excalibur

But I also highly recommend: Aliens (director's cut), Plunkett and Macleane, Event Horizon, Hellboy, The 13th Warrior, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, Gattaca, The Usual Suspects, Leon, Dr Strangelove, Get Carter (the Caine original), The Thomas Crown Affair (the Brosnan remake), Withnail and I, Ice Cold in Alex, Where Eagles Dare, The Big Lebowski, The Rock, Broken Arrow, Con Air, Face/Off, Enemy at the Gates, Die Hard, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, The Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum, The Abyss, Four Lions, The House of Flying Daggers, both Bad Boys movies, Predator, Troy (director's cut), Oldboy, Pandorum, 300, Blade Runner (director's cut), Shaun of the Dead, Watchmen, all of the Tremors movies (although the first one is the best), Dog Soldiers, Near Dark, Unforgiven, all of the Mad Max movies, and probably dozens of other movies I've forgotten to mention