TimelessGaming > General Channel  [Archives]

Welcome To Timeless
Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
Users in the chatbox : user(s)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a New PC

Staff Sergeant Achievements:
    Tagger 2nd ClassRecommendation 2nd ClassTimeless Supporter20 € supported10 FriendsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)5000 Experience Points

Chats

Please Read Getting a New PC

At the end of this month i will hopefully selling this piece of junk and getting a new PC. Already built one and asked rad about it and he said hes good but just for confirmation.. :P

Computer Cas Black ATX Tower Case
    CPU Intel i5 3570K - (4 x 3.4 GHZ) - Ivy Bridge
    CPU Heatsink Intel Heatsink & Fan - Low Noise
    Memory 16 GB 1333 MHZ (4x4GB) - (DDR3)
    Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - 1280 MB - (PCI-E)
    Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H (Intel B75) - VGA/DVI/HDMI
    Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
    Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
    Power Supply Cooler Master 750W PSU - Low Noise
    Hard Drive #1 500 GB SATA-II HDD 7200 RPM 16MB
    Optical Drive #1 Samsung 24x DVD/CD Re-Writer/Reader - Black - (SATA)
    Security Software FREE - Webroot AntiVirus 2012 (1 Year - 1 PC License) - FREE FOR ORDERS PLACED BEFORE 30/11/12
    Free Gift FREE - SteelSeries QcK Mini Gaming Surface
    Monitor Cables & Adapters FREE - DVI Port to VGA Monitor Port Adapter
    DVD Playback Software FREE - CyberLink PowerDVD 10
    DVD/CD Burning Software FREE - Nero V10 Essentials Suite 2

Tagger 2nd ClassRecommendation 2nd ClassTimeless Supporter20 € supported10 FriendsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)5000 Experience Points

Chats
    Its either the 570 card or the 660, Cant decide yet if i want to pay the extra amount

Master Sergeant Achievements:
    OverdriveTimeless Supporter20 Friends30 € supportedRecommendation 2nd ClassVeteran I (TG over 5 years)7500 Experience Points

Chats
    If it was me I would look into these RAM: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MY-017-SA and comparing the gpu's to get the best gpu for the money spent.
    And also look into an SSD (intel, crucial and samsung make some great ones) because it will boost the speed of your pc quite a bit.
    <-GQ-Joel> if i was any more manly the floor would be pregnant from my footsteps..

ZERO tolerance for cheaters/hackers/whiners/posers and douchebags is in effect!

Tagger 2nd Class20 Friends10 € supportedTimeless Supporter5000 Experience PointsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)
    Chats
    Kepler cards worth the extra

Side note. IDE get better heat sink cuz that an over clocking CPU So if ur not gonna overclock don't get the k variant. But I u wana give it a go get a beefier tower air cooler. Like a noctua or phantek one

Also 1333 ram is abit slow considering how cheap DDR 3 is now samsungs 22nn Eco ram is cheap and can go twice as fast as that
    Last edited by NOOBASIDE; 14-11-2012 at 14:10.

in Germany, we call American Football Handegg

Vive la France!
    Achievements:
    Timeless Master Supporter300 € supported20 FriendsCreated Album pictures15000 Experience PointsVeteran III (TG over 3 years)
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service (Pakistan)
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by NOOBASIDE View Post
    Kepler cards worth the extra
    Lets add some objectivity into the equation: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/660?vs=518

Although RAM is relatively cheap at the moment, do you really need 16GB? If it's just gaming then 8GB should be sufficient. Another question: Do you intend on overclocking your CPU at all? If so, buying an aftermarket CPU cooler is highly advisable.
    I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and wild women. The other half I wasted.

Chats
    Just gaming and not really thinking about overclocking

OverdriveTimeless Supporter20 Friends30 € supportedRecommendation 2nd ClassVeteran I (TG over 5 years)7500 Experience Points

Chats
    I've just updated my machine to: i5 3570k, arctic i30 cooler(awesome both if you want to OC or not), 8 gb samsung ram, gigabyte 7870 OC gpu, asus P8z77 M-Pro, samsung 256 GB SSD, corsair 750W TX

Works awesome
    <-GQ-Joel> if i was any more manly the floor would be pregnant from my footsteps..

ZERO tolerance for cheaters/hackers/whiners/posers and douchebags is in effect!

The giver of rev points..
    Achievements:
    20 FriendsRecommendation 2nd ClassOverdriveTimeless Master Supporter300 € supportedCreated Album pictures15000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran I (TG over 5 years)
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by Louiiis View Post
    Lets add some objectivity into the equation: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/660?vs=518

Although RAM is relatively cheap at the moment, do you really need 16GB? If it's just gaming then 8GB should be sufficient. Another question: Do you intend on overclocking your CPU at all? If so, buying an aftermarket CPU cooler is highly advisable.
    I really did not want to get involved in this but i cant help myself...

Louis is right on the RAM,16GB for gaming is just silly. 8GB is fine and you could get some 1600MHz for a good price. I also agree on the Cooler,OEM air coolers are not great even when CPU is at stock speeds,I use a noctua atm and it is soooo quiet and keeps my 5 core 4.2GHz @ 38c under full load. SSD is a good idea if boot times are an issue and GX cards....Well the great debate lol. If you are just casual gaming do you need to go mad?? You run an AMD 5XXX ATM and seem to play ok,Either the 570 or 660 would be a huge jump from what you have now. Dont get suckered into needing the "best" bits. Do some reading online and see what is best suited for you..
    Joel

Thermal: So last night playing with KrisB, I got straight onto the Saiga, asked KrisB why not use one too, to which he replied "that's Joel's Gun"

Chats
    See, i need someone who knows that their doing to build it for me lol I have no clue what im on about

The giver of rev points..
    Achievements:
    20 FriendsRecommendation 2nd ClassOverdriveTimeless Master Supporter300 € supportedCreated Album pictures15000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran I (TG over 5 years)
    Chats
    Are you in London Dmad?
    Edit......

Just looked at your profile and can see you are in London. I would be happy to help you build a machine Dmad, I've built/designed many systems of various budgets for GQ members,all still running strong

Infact Marks was the last i did
    Joel

Thermal: So last night playing with KrisB, I got straight onto the Saiga, asked KrisB why not use one too, to which he replied "that's Joel's Gun"