TimelessGaming > General Channel  [Archives]

Welcome To Timeless
Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
Users in the chatbox : user(s)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm gonna rebuild it, we have the technology

Staff Sergeant Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryTagger 2nd Class20 Friends10 € supportedTimeless Supporter5000 Experience PointsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)
    Chats
    you dont need a cooler just use a awsome desk fan haha
    NOT EVEN THE FIRES OF HELL HAVE NO FURY LIKE MINE!

Sergeant Achievements:
    1 year registered1500 Experience Points

Chats
    Okay last question before I send of the order.

For an internal hard drive, what are the things I should be looking out for ?

I was looking at this one, any good ?
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...14&subcat=1279

Timeless Elder Achievements:
    Recommendation 2nd ClassCreated Album pictures20 FriendsOverdriveVeteran I (TG over 5 years)Timeless TOP Supporter150 € supported15000 Experience Points
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by tris4992 View Post
    Okay last question before I send of the order.

For an internal hard drive, what are the things I should be looking out for ?

I was looking at this one, any good ?
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...14&subcat=1279
    hehe just got that one and so far so good

"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
    Those who fail to learn history correctly -- why they are simply doomed."

You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

<LazyG> it got so bad if i killed raven and didn;t see xaph i;d get majorly parnoid and freak out
    <LazyG> i think i have trauma

Sergeant Achievements:
    1 year registered1500 Experience Points

Chats
    Ah ran into yet another issue.

For windows 7 what is the difference between OEM and retail version. (which one should I get)
    Also what are the major differences between Win7 home premium, profesional and ultimate.
    Are they worth the higher price ?

2nd Lieutenant Achievements:
    Recommendation 2nd ClassTagger 2nd Class20 FriendsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)Overdrive10000 Experience Points
    Chats
    The OEM can only be installed on one computer, it only has one version either 32 or 64 bit (I think the retail comes with both) and Microsoft dont offer any support with it, but its cheaper and its the one I use. With regards to HP, Prof and Ultimate it really depends what you are doing I have HP and it does everything I need it to do. Also remember to get the 64-bit version so you can use more than 3.6GB of ram if you go for the OEM.

DigitalInsomniac Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTimeless SupporterVeteran I (TG over 5 years)50 € supported10 Friends10000 Experience Points
    The Most easterly point the UK (any further i'd get wet)
    Chats
    OEM (Original Equiment Manufacture) is designed to be pre-installed on a new system but everyone sells them, but like all new windows, one copy = one computer. It is a lot cheaper, why, you dont get a flashy box, honest thats about it.

Windows choices found here :http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/w...nytime-upgrade it will give you an idea of features.

2nd Lieutenant Achievements:
    Recommendation 2nd ClassTagger 2nd Class20 FriendsVeteran I (TG over 5 years)Overdrive10000 Experience Points
    Chats
    I thought with the retail copy if you decided to rebuild you can contact Microsoft and they let you move the license.

DigitalInsomniac Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTimeless SupporterVeteran I (TG over 5 years)50 € supported10 Friends10000 Experience Points
    The Most easterly point the UK (any further i'd get wet)
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpAndFire View Post
    I thought with the retail copy if you decided to rebuild you can contact Microsoft and they let you move the license.
    Yep. You can move all copies of windows to new machines. With Retail & OEM as long as you have the key. You get 5 installs then you have to phone them up or use the automatic service, but its easier to phone & just press the # key untill you get a human, (24 hrs a day) but you can't use the same Win7 key on different machines. You can run / install the same copy on as many machines as you like but you'll have to have a different key/Licence for each machine.