PDA

View Full Version : Is Highroofcamping allowed?

opozzum
17-09-2007, 15:39
if not then look at these guys here camped on roofs on the Timeless NS server today about 3pm

names:
=IBF2= NeoconDelta
MikeRSV
and me but i just spawned there with my beacon i didnt do anything when i was on the roof

and i wanted to ask, is it allowed to open a squad and then close it with one squadleader? wtf others want to join too

catziggy
17-09-2007, 16:55
Well theres two issues here.

Roof camping and how you get there.

Yes roof camping is allowed. There are three ways to get to rooftops. On some maps only two. One is to use rdx to blow yourself up there. Obviously on some maps the roofs are too high. Second is a chopper but on some maps there are not any. the third is to land on a roof whilst spawning on a Squad leaders beacon.

It IS possible to land on a roof without surfing if your using the last way and we allow this. If squad leaders "surf" a metre or two its impossible to tell sometimes so its not an issue unless its blatant or in some way spoils gameplay.

Blatant pod surfing will get you kicked or even banned if its liable to ruin game play.

I have camped on roofs myself BUT my efforts probably did not help the team effort and were really just a nuisance to the other team rather than a challenge to their winning the round. I cannot imagine the rest of the Timeless crew wasting time on a rooftop for any length of time lol.

opozzum
17-09-2007, 17:09
i told you in a former thread i cant podsurf that good... im just spinning a bit and then i land about 10m next to the beacon (or a bit farer) just moving the mouse right and left... but as i said it does not work that good =) and ok highroofcamping is allowed =) and sry then for podsurfing, but i dont think ill ruin the game when I podsurf lol =D

GZap
17-09-2007, 17:58
To be honest some of these guys on high roofs get nothing but a good view.

While I run around and take the flags.

opozzum
17-09-2007, 18:03
yes they are as useless as sitting on titan guns =P

catziggy
17-09-2007, 22:06
Hmmm i understand what you mean but sitting on titan guns is far more valauable,

In titan guns you defend silos. 20-30 kills in a agame just defending silos might mean the difference between winning and losing.

sitting ona rooftop just shooting 3 people per your own death is not that important if the enemy are capturing flags and killing your tea mates more than you can keep up with.

Titan play is TOTALLY different to CQ and NS.

18-09-2007, 01:09
Hmmm i understand what you mean but sitting on titan guns is far more valauable,

In titan guns you defend silos. 20-30 kills in a agame just defending silos might mean the difference between winning and losing.

sitting ona rooftop just shooting 3 people per your own death is not that important if the enemy are capturing flags and killing your tea mates more than you can keep up with.

Titan play is TOTALLY different to CQ and NS.

I quite agree... titan guns have a lot to say in a game. Love em or hate em, they are a real annoyance. ;)

Tripper
18-09-2007, 21:34
I would say snipers on the roof are ok. But if there is a complete squad on a roof for example Gibraltar EU Base, it is really annoying. Those kind of players are lamer nothing else.