PDA

View Full Version : Pick Your Role, Soldier!

radical red
19-04-2012, 17:55
Wow things have moved along really fast. In order to make sure we have fair teams, we need to make sure every team has players to fit the right roles. It would suck if all the good pilots are on one side, and the other side has all the good tank drivers. Based on this info, we will form teams by attempting to have the best split possible.

Here's the format:

1. Infantry: Which classes are you good at playing? If you had to, could you play another class?
2. Vehicles: Which vehicles are you good with?
3. Would you rather play inf or be in the vehicle that you prefer?

At the end, I will aggregate the info into a selection pool, which will be used by the TLs for selection.

radical red
19-04-2012, 17:57
1. Infantry: Best classes: Assault/Engineer. Can play Support if necessary.
2. Vehicles: MBT, IFV, and Jet
3. I would prefer infantry as long as we have people to take up the vehicles.

Smokey
19-04-2012, 17:57
1. I prefer engineer or medic, support if needed
2. Tank driver is my second nature :)
3. Vehicles all the way, but infantry is also ok.

NOOBASIDE
19-04-2012, 18:15
1 assult or support
2 hmmm hele i think
3 whatever you think ill be more usefull as

KrisB
19-04-2012, 18:27
1. Assault/medic: i'm pretty capable with both the medpack and the m16, m416, AEK and AK 74m. Can play support and recon aswell - however these strain my gpu to the limit, which causes dramatic fps drops :(
2. I am only good as gunner in a vehicle like chopper and tank, but again this strains my gpu alot.
3. Infantry until I get a better gpu, then I'm a plot and play kind of player

dmadthegreat
19-04-2012, 18:36
1: Infantry would probably be Engineer/Support
2: Good Jet and Heli pilot/Gunner - If needed Transport heli to Pick/Drop off troops
3: Pref Air vehicle, No problem being Infantry if needed

kurk_will_mutiny
19-04-2012, 19:02
1. Infantry: Happy to fill whatever role is required. Preference: battle rifle armed, aggressive recon.
2. Vehicles: I can drive a jeep if I'm sober. I leave the tanks and the air to people with more experience.
3. Would you rather play inf or be in the vehicle that you prefer? Infantry. You would have to be a mad TL to put me in vehicle.

Goatlord
19-04-2012, 19:52
1. Infantry: I play almost exclusively Assault or Engineer, although happy to go Support.
2. Vehicles: I usally leave vehicles to others, but can obviously drive if need be. I can't fly. At all.
3. I'm pretty much just a grunt, although obviously I'd be willing to train up in a vehicle if it was required.

At the end, I will aggregate the info into a selection pool, which will be used by the TLs for selection.

Bagsie being the proverbial fat kid in P.E. class. :couch:

tris4992
19-04-2012, 19:53
1. Infantry: I suck at recon but enjoy and can capably play everything else. My best class overall is medic. I preform best at the close to mid range and like to play on the frontline. Also I have no problem committing suicide for "the greater good" (storming a flag, C4'ing tank). I hate being static so probably best not to put me on defence.
2. Vehicles: I fancy myself a decent heli and jet pilot but I'm nowhere near Noobaside or Radical. I suck with most ground vehicles but lately I have been getting rather efficient at planting 6 packs of C4 on a jeep and playing human homing missile. Might be useful once we get to the larger maps like caspian where there are enough jeeps that missing one doesn't hurt.
3. I'm more than happy enough to be a foot soldier following orders.

athanasios7592
19-04-2012, 20:09
1. I can play just about any infantry role and I enjoy them all.

2. I think i am a pretty good driver for any ground vehicle, and a decent heli pilot, no jets though...

3. I'll fill any hole I can!

Kazail
19-04-2012, 20:18
1. Infantry: I prefer Engineer and Support
2. Vehicles: I'm best with a tank but I wouldn't say I'm 'good' with a tank. I don't fly (just check my stats :) )
3. From the above it should be obvious I prefer infantry

Smokey
19-04-2012, 20:20
Athanasios 3. answer didn't sound quite right... :think: :lol1:

athanasios7592
19-04-2012, 20:29
that was intentional ;)

kurk_will_mutiny
19-04-2012, 20:32
3. I'll fill any hole I can!

ha, don't we all.

radical red
19-04-2012, 20:42
ha, don't we all.

Well not any hole.

XxXButcher
19-04-2012, 21:51
1, 2, 3: Whatever kicks ass :devil1:

kurk_will_mutiny
19-04-2012, 22:11
Can I assume we can count butcher as interested?! :D

Janek_Kos
19-04-2012, 22:50
1. Infantry: Assault/support. Engineer if necessary.
2. Vehicles: MBT, IFV, but only if necessary. Jet, but only if you are fed up with my skills and you want me fly off the map...
3. "I would prefer infantry as long as we have people to take up the vehicles."

Malkryst
20-04-2012, 00:14
1. Infantry: Assault/Medic (it's what I'm best at), Support (Metro/Bazaar) or Engineer (Firestorm/Kharg/Caspian/Wake/Oman). I don't play Recon - not for sniping, anyway ;)

2. Vehicles: Any of them. I'm probably best in MBTs, but I'm a decent pilot too in any of the helicopters. Considering my hand problems I'd rather avoid being in a jet because I fly with the mouse and currently I can't pick up the mouse with that hand (to reposition it).

3. Depends on the map - at Firestorm/Kharg/Caspian/Wake/Oman I'd rather be in a vehicle, everywhere else I'd rather be an infantryman.

Actually what maps are we using for this? I'd vote for Karkand, Sharqi, Kharg or Seine - I guess that's a discussion for another thread.

JPM
20-04-2012, 07:04
1. Infantry: Which classes are you good at playing? If you had to, could you play another class?
2. Vehicles: Which vehicles are you good with?
3. Would you rather play inf or be in the vehicle that you prefer?

1. Assault/Recon
2. IFV, MBT
3. I can do both.

Mac
20-04-2012, 08:11
Support, Assault or Engineer although Support is preferable.
Small vehicles, Transport chopper, Tank or Heli gunner.
Infantry or Vehicle.

EpicRageGuy
20-04-2012, 08:45
1. I can play both Assault and Engineer, I might try support if needed, but recon isn't my cup of tea.
2. Attack/scout heli pilot or gunner, jet pilot (but I need to practice with this new patch, it just made my favourite Flanker a bit different)
3. I enjoy playing both infantry and vehicles.

3Y3L3SS
20-04-2012, 12:15
I always play on foot. Assault Medic or Engineer.

3Y3L3SS
20-04-2012, 12:19
1. I always play engineer sometimes assault too. But, mostly engineer.
2. I wouldn't know. I'm barely in any vehicles.
3. I love playing infantry. I never go in any vehicles.

Chriss-FIN-
20-04-2012, 16:42
1. Assault with or without med pack (squad leader can choose), also support goes if its needed, but mainly assault.
2./3. No vehicles, i like inf much more (drunk ride to back flag is fun tho)

radical red
20-04-2012, 19:27
These are the people yet to post. DO IT!

Komutann
Bert
rulfish
Faceless
Timo
Kharak
Uniquest
uearc
Hartsa

rulfish
20-04-2012, 21:39
1. ive not played in some time but id say enginer / medic / support as ive not played recon in a long time

2. hele (attack and little bird) i whas okay on flying them but like above long time since used so id prefer gunner if so

3. i like using either veichles or not but id prefer the flying one the most times if im using them

Wheelybin
21-04-2012, 01:04
1. Assault/Support/Engineer (although only if something needs engineering, I won't run it all round.)

2. IFV, MBT, Jet, Heli

3. Big maps definitely in a vehicle, small maps on foot.

ravenette
21-04-2012, 16:35
i prefer medic
depending on map i either go on foot or use a tank (normally sitting on top gun as i cant drive)

Kharak
21-04-2012, 17:37
1. Assault (Anti-Infantry God)/Support (Anti-Inf/tank)

2. Heli-TV Wunderkid a la extraordinær

3. Focus on Infantry, depends on the map, if we're playing a map with lots of vehicles then I'd go with Support, if its more Infantry focused then Assault.